Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Stück Ohne Name

That I can never seem to write anything short, has long been one of my failings. Why this is, I don't know, and shan't speculate about here, simply because I don't want this to degenerate into a comic illustration of my point.

That's not to say that I don't enjoy writing long pieces. It's nice to work through things in words, and the challenge of tying everything together is always rewarding, and -- did I just do what I said that I wasn't going to?

Argh!

My point in saying all this is, that as interesting (or not) as longer pieces might be to read, they don't make for very good 'blog reading, simply because they take longer to write. As such, you'll have to forgive me if I fill the gaps between the meaty bits with incidental bits like this, where I'll cop out, and post a link to something that I've found, another blog, an interesting article, or, (heaven help me!) you tube clips.

Viz:


Okay, so it's just a sound recording, but, it's Helmut Walcha (my favorite Bach organist [yes, I have a favorite Bach organist. I'm a huge nerd]), playing BWV 578 - Little Fugue in G minor, on a proper Baroque organ. It's things like this that keep me coming back to Bach, over and over again, dispite all the other music I know, and love.

G'won. Listen to it all. It's only four-and-a-half minutes long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment